Most of us have worn natural curly human hair extensions and wigs like HD Full lace wigs human hair for as long as we can remember. Lace front wigs like straight lace front wigs and hair extensions are the go-to for most Black women.
While these hair enhancements are fantastic, we often overlook the natural beauty of our hair. With the natural hair movement on the rise, women of all ethnicities, including African Americans, embrace their natural tresses.
Natural hair can be unruly, dry, and challenging to manage. Some days it looks wonderful, and other days it’s impossible to style. But your hair is yours, and we believe that anyone can grow to love their afro-shaped hair.
Here are 8 reasons to appreciate your natural hair
- Natural hair teaches us to love ourselves and to be ourselves. Being different is not bad; it makes you remarkable and one-of-a-kind.
- Natural hair is quite versatile. Straight, full sew in weave, twist out, natural hair sew in, lemonade braids natural hair, puff, and other available styles. The list goes on and on.
- Natural hair is often in good condition. It has no chemicals that make our hair weak or prone to breakage. Your hair is gleaming and eager to grow.
- Becoming natural entails discovering oneself. You will gain a better understanding of your hair.
- Natural hair ties you back to your roots. Consider the women of the past who sported their hair with pride.
- You look forward to fresh hair development because you adore your natural hair.
- It can be less expensive to go natural hair sew in weave. You can make your hair products. You do
not need to visit a hairdresser every 8 weeks to relax your hair.
- You make a declaration by proclaiming, “I am attractive.” I am the one who defines myself, not the media!
3 Tips For a smooth transition into embracing your natural hair
If you are ready to embrace your curls but aren’t sure what to do with the in-between stage or are considering a large chop, here’s how to fall in love with your natural hair texture in the first place.
1) Shift your viewpoint
“Wild, unruly, and unmanageable” are some of the many words we use to describe our naturally curly hair. The only way to deal with these is by shifting our perception and abandoning our propensity to label natural hair as unkempt.
Self-acceptance is essential to appreciate when you apply the right products and obtain a cut and style that accentuates its inherent attractiveness. Otherwise, you’ll have to go back to hair treatments.
2) Make the transition to clean, nourishing products
Since natural hair is porous, it loses moisture and protein faster than other hair types. This is also why it seems frizzy when contrasted with treatments that close the hair cuticle and make it look glossy.
You need products that will help you work with the natural movement of your curly hair while also nourishing and strengthening it from within. Switch to hair products that are gentle and give a mix of moisture and protein. This will naturally rebuild the hair and provide that natural bounce and movement for curly hair.
Natural products help keep this type of hair in much better condition. Using silk pillows and scrunchies, or a scarf wrap, which is easy on the hair, is a great addition to your hair arsenal. This will also prevent the tangling of your curls.
Your hair will look healthier and glossier if you invest in the clean hair products correctly, enticing you to forego the bonding treatment.
3) Nourish your hair with a deep condition
Conditioning alone isn’t enough for your natural hair. You should deep condition your hair at least once every two weeks, if not every weekend. Deep conditioning protects the hair from natural and superficial heat while reconstructing and improving the porosity. This will also improve the grip of other products on your hair and make it less brittle.
Choose your deep conditioning product based on your hair’s health and issues, like hair fall, coarseness, or dehydration. Even a weekly home spa treatment that provides a balance of protein and hydration is beneficial.
Transitioning isn’t going to be easy, but that’s the beauty of a hair journey. You learn from your trials and errors. You can wear your natural hair in protective hairstyles like natural hair sew, and lemonade braids natural hair while you slowly transition.
If you still aren’t ready yet, it is okay. Rome wasn’t built in a day. You can continue to embrace your curly texture with naturally kinky curly hair extensions from True Glory Hair as you make the powerful choice to go natural with your hair!