Many technical bugs disrupt the normal operation of QuickBooks Desktop on a regular basis, and one of these common technical issues is ‘Aborting Application QuickBooks is Now Terminating’. In this problem, QB Desktop users encounter an error message on the computer’s screen that instructs them to abort QuickBooks instantly.
Though this error message can interfere with any task that the QB user might be performing, it mostly occurs while trying to access any data file situated on the system.
Here’s a blog that will elucidate several practical methods to resolve this error efficiently & reliably.
Are you encountering the ‘Aborting Application QuickBooks is Now Terminating’ problem? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team for guidance.
Main Factors That Can Trigger QuickBooks Application Abort Error
The QuickBooks Application Abort Error manifests due to the reasons given as follows:
- Data file corruption and an inconsistent internet connection to the system can easily provoke this technical glitch.
- Not possessing complete access control to the company file folder & interference from antivirus applications can trigger this technical issue.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Backup Failed
What Are the Different Ways to Resolve QB Desktop Application Abort Error Code?
The QB Desktop Application Abort Error Code can be eliminated using the methods explained as follows:
Method 1: Carry out the proper run of the ‘Verify & Rebuild Data’ utility to fully tackle this problem
- Here in this method, you shall first require to reach the ‘File’ menu in QuickBooks Desktop, after which you can strike the ‘Utilities’ tab to choose the ‘Verify Data’ option, and then the ‘Verify Data’ utility will swiftly carry out a complete scan of the appropriate data file.
- Any technical fault or corruption noticed in the data file will be prominently displayed on the system’s screen, and accordingly, you can proceed to the ‘Utilities’ tab again to tap on the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility icon.
- Just thereafter, a new backup copy of the appropriate data file will be instantly created & you will be required to provide a suitable folder on your computer to save that file properly.
- At this step, the execution of the ‘Rebuild Data’ utility will automatically begin, and upon its full execution, your data file will get fully repaired, thereby enabling you to access it freely through the QB Desktop application.
Method 2: Adjust hosting settings on the server & the workstations to eradicate this issue
- First of all, proceed to launch QB Desktop on each workstation in a sequential manner and then strike the ‘Utilities’ tab provided inside the ‘File’ menu, following which you can just tap the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ checkbox to swiftly disable the multi-user hosting on every workstation.
- Now, move back to the server computer to access QuickBooks Desktop & then choose the ‘Utilities’ tab from the ‘File’ menu so that you can hit the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option to fully enable the multi-user hosting setup on the server.
- Once the workstations, as well as the server, have been correctly configured, you can easily access the relevant data file on your network.
You must implement these methods correctly to easily decimate the ‘Aborting Application QuickBooks is Now Terminating’ problem. You can also dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB ProAdvisor Professionals Team for more assistance.