Users perform n number of functions on their data in the QuickBooks application, making the data an essential element. Sometimes the data can get damaged or lost, and you might need to retrieve it. For this, you need to activate QuickBooks data services and use tools, such as the auto data recovery tool. In this article, we will help you perform the data recovery procedure with the help of an effective procedure.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at +1 800-417-5147 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.
Prerequisites to Consider before Performing QuickBooks Data Restore
To restore lost QuickBooks data, you need to consider the following points beforehand –
1. If you are creating a data recovery backup file using the ADR tool, you need to ensure that the file size is not more than 1.5 GB.
2. You need to ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop application is properly working and all the latest updates are installed.
3. The ADR feature is available only on selected QB variants, like QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise. If you have any other version, you might need to perform another alternative.
Methods to Utilize the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
You can avail of the QuickBooks data recovery services by using the methods provided below –
Method 1 – Use the QBW and TLG Files to Retrieve the Past 12 Hours of Transactions
This method helps to retrieve all the data that has been used to perform the last 12 hours of transactions.
1. Open File Explorer from the Windows Start menu and create a new folder named QBTEST, followed by hitting Enter.
2. Search and open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder and locate the files with .TLG.ADR and QBW.ADR extensions to copy them into the newly created folder.
3. Now, check if the data is restored and you are able to perform the QB functions without any errors.
Read more :- QuickBooks data conversion services
Method 2 – Use the QBW.ADR and TLG Files to Recover All QB Transactions
In the second method, you can restore all the lost data and transactions by using the original TLG file and performing the QuickBooks data recovery process.
1. Perform the same steps as given in method 1 and go to the File Explorer option to select the Organize tab.
2. Select Folder Options and select the File Name to click on the Hide Extensions option.
3. Continue with the ADR folder and choose the file with the QBW.ADR extension to move it to the QuickBooks test folder and rename the file to remove adr from the end.
4. Now, open the company file in QuickBooks and check for any file damage to fix it with the tool hub utility.
5. Once done, move the company file to its original location and complete the recovery process by running the QB functions.
You can use the QuickBooks data services to recover/retrieve your lost QB data. If there are some issues while performing the recovery process, you can call us at +1 800-417-5147 to get assistance from our QB professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks data migration online to dekstop