Emergency situations do not ask permission before they creep in, especially more serious plumbing emergencies that require professional attention. Plumbing emergencies can be scary and stressful. If there is a sudden issue with your pipes or your gas lines, it requires immediate attention. Remember to first stay calm, then contact your emergency plumber. Many plumbers are available after hours, or during weekends and holidays; because let’s face it, most plumbing emergencies don’t RSVP. A professional emergency plumber will consider the issue deeply and help you overcome the situation.
Even if you maintain your plumbing system regularly; plumbing emergencies can pop up at any time.
Here are different situations when you will need help from an Emergency Plumber –
- Emergencies during cold weather can be quite serious. For example, a burst pipe in the dead of winter can cause a lot of damage. Freezing temperatures can be the culprit of a lot of plumbing emergencies during the winter months. Due to extremely low temperatures and changes in temperature the pipelines may develop cracks due to the water pressure inside. This can lead to a sudden burst bringing the entire system to a halt. It can be devastating if you do not call a plumber and get it repaired immediately.
- Gas leaks are another emergency that can lead to a devastating fire in your home if you do not get it fixed right away. If you suddenly smell an odor in your home, first switch off the main gas valve so that no more gas is leaked, and then call an emergency plumber. If you do not act in time, there could be severe damage to your home, not to mention serious health concerns.
- Breakdown of the heating system is another issue when you will need help from an emergency plumber. When you find that the heating system is not working, first check the thermostat to see if it is switched off. Then check to see if the circuit breaker is malfunctioning. If these are not the problem, then you must call a heating and cooling specialist to come to diagnose and fix the problem.
- An increase in your utility bills without a change in your usage can be a sign of a leak in your pipes. If you are sure that your usage has not increased, then you must call a plumber to check thoroughly and to see if there are any issues.
- Another time when you will need help from an emergency plumber is if you notice any strange and unexplained puddles of water in or around your home. This could be a sign that you have a slab leak, which requires immediate attention from an emergency plumber.
It is always a good idea to be prepared for a plumbing emergency. Keep contact information handy for your preferred plumber, and know where the emergency shut-off valves are located. Not knowing who to call during a plumbing emergency can result in more extensive damage, which can cost more to repair, not to mention more stress. When you seek a plumber ensure that you check out the following qualities.
Qualities Of An Emergency Plumber
During a plumbing emergency, call a good plumber who is trustworthy and knows the job well. Look for a plumber with the following qualities:
- Should be ready to provide service 24/7 as you never know when an emergency arises.
- They must be trustworthy. Hence, get them from any reputable plumbing company.
- The plumber should be well-prepared when he comes to work at your place. He must have his tools handy while he is on duty.
- The plumber should have good communication skills and understand what you want to convey.
- He should be experienced so that he is able to handle any emergency. Having an accreditation or license is always preferable.
- He should be licensed, bonded, and insured.
Having a plumber that meets these qualifications can help put your mind at ease, and ensure that the job gets done right the first time.