Emergency Boiler Repair London
Boilers are one of the most important heating utilities. It can be found in every home in the UK. The most common types used are electric and gas boilers. They are typically a tough piece of equipment but sooner or later for one reason or the other.
They will break down and require Emergency Boiler Repair London. The frequency of these repairs depends on your usage and your maintenance. Frequent breaks down may be an indication of one or more reasons mentioned below:
- Irregular or inadequate maintenance
- Excessive usage
- The boiler has completed its useful life3
Among the various types of boilers, gas boilers are preferred for several reasons such as:
- They use natural gas as fuel which is much cheaper than electricity
- They are relatively easier to maintain
- They can supply large volumes of hot water conveniently
Electric boilers are only used in areas where there is no gas supply. They may also be used in properties where hot water usage is very low. Gas boilers are common of three types:
- Conventional Boilers
- System Boilers
- Combination or Combi boilers
Which one to use?
- Conventional boilers require more installation space but provide the largest volume of hot water among all three types. They have a separate reservoir for both hot and cold water. They are highly suitable for large families and homes with a large number of radiators.
- System boilers have most of their heating components located internally, i.e enclosed within the boiler. They also have an unvented hot water reservoir to minimize heat loss and increase efficiency. They require less installation space than conventional boilers and are suitable for medium-sized homes.
- Combi boilers are highly efficient and compact. They are not suitable for supplying a large volume of hot water but rather for independent or single room installations.
How do avoid boiler problems such as emergency breakdown?
Some boiler problems are bound to develop sooner or later but many can be prevented by following simple steps. These include:
- Regular safety checks: Regular safety checks are required by law. All gas appliances need to be checked once a year or 10-12 months after they have been installed. Only engineers who are registered as gas safe should be recruited for providing regular safety checks. This serves two purposes, the provision of the landlord’s gas safety record and the identification of any potential problems that need to be resolved. If you are living in Ealing, hire a local firm for providing you with Boiler Repair Ealing services.
- Regular maintenance: Period maintenance of your gas boiler can extend its life and also save you from any emergency breakdown. Regular maintenance will also save your repair bills because it will identify problems before they appear.
Why are gas boilers serious business?
Perhaps one of the most dangerous risks of a gas boiler is the leakage of natural gas. Natural gas is a mixture of different gasses and is highly toxic. It is naturally odorless which makes it even more dangerous. Therefore, additives are added to it for imparting a smell to it.
Exposure to natural gas, especially in confined spaces, can lead to death within a matter of minutes. Natural gas is also highly inflammable. Any leakage can end up in a fire hazard if the gas comes in contact with even a small flame.
Moreover, when natural gas is burnt in the boiler, it releases carbon monoxide. If the gas boiler is not working efficiently, the concentration of carbon monoxide in the resulting effluent will increase. This can result in carbon monoxide poisoning which can cause death.
Therefore, gas boilers are usually fitted with carbon monoxide alarms. As a precaution, you should always be aware of emergency service providers near your location. For instance, if you live in London, it is wise to keep the contact with an emergency boiler repair London service provider, so you can get in touch with them in case of any leakage.
Who can install Gas boilers and provide emergency boiler repairs?
Because gas appliances are risky, their installation, repair, general servicing, emergency services, etc have to be provided by companies or engineers who are registered as gas safe. Whether its a company/engineer in London or a Boiler Repair Ealing company.
All require to be registered as gas safe. These engineers are authorized and carry the necessary qualifications for providing all these services. They are also authorized to provide Landlord gas safety certificates.
Once you establish a relationship with a gas safe registered company, for instance in London, then you can also contact them for any emergency boiler repair in London that you may require.
Other boiler problems
There are a host of other boiler problems which may demand emergency repair services.
- Water Leakage
- The boiler switches on and off
- Radiators not working properly, especially the furthest one
- Frozen condensate pipes
- The boiler does not fire up
- Boiler /thermostat settings not working properly
- Error message displaying
- Lock-out/red light keeps coming on
Boilers are an essential utility but may require general maintenance or emergency repairs from time to time. If you are a resident of London, you should be aware of emergency boiler repair London services near you in case you face a serious issue and require an urgent response.