If you are tired of the lagging performance of your existing wireless network, it is recommended that you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup. Configuring a WiFi router will open the doors for you to access a blazing-fast internet connection in every nook and cranny of your home. You will also get the benefit of connecting as many WiFi-enabled devices as you want to the network.
Now, you might be wondering how to go about the setup process, isn’t it? Well, wonder no more. Simply walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup.
What Do You Need?
Before you get down to the Netgear Nighthawk router setup process, make sure you have the following things:
- An Ethernet cable
- A laptop as well as mobile phone
- A modem
Netgear Nighthawk Setup Using Manual Method
If you would like to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router manually, then this method is for you. Walk through the below-mentioned guidelines and learn how to perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light to become a shade of green.
- Using an Ethernet cable, create a connection between your Netgear wireless router and the existing modem.
- Switch on your laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address field of the internet browser, type routerlogin net.
Press the Enter key.
- The official login page of your router will come into view.
- Input the default admin password and username.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once the Netgear Genie setup wizard appears, follow the on-screen prompts.
With that, you will successfully be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Manual method.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to avoid the hassle of setting up a Netgear router using a computer, consider opting for the other method, i.e. setup via the Nighthawk app.
Walk through the below-highlights steps and get to know how to configure your Netgear wireless router using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store as per the mobile device you are using.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Search button.
- A list will appear on your mobile screen displaying all the search results.
- Select Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button and wait for the app to get installed on your device.
- Once the installation process comes to an end, launch the app.
- Using your full name, email address and password, create a Netgear account.
- Thereafter, log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router using the default admin password and username.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
Note: If you want to download the Nighthawk app for PC, then consider downloading an emulator first. Otherwise, installing the application is not possible.
Although after following these steps, you will be able to perform Netgear router setup with ease, on the off chance, you are not able to, consider following the troubleshooting hacks outlined below.
Not Able to Perform Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup?
I. Check Power Supply
Check the wall socket from which your Netgear Nighthawk router is getting the power supply. Is it damaged from anywhere? If yes, either get it fixed or consider plugging your wireless device into another wall outlet.
II. Verify the Ethernet Connection
Another reason why you are facing setup issues is because the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem is worn out. To troubleshoot the issue, connect your devices wirelessly.
III. Enter the Correct Web Address
Do not make the mistake of entering the wrong web address in the address field of your internet browser. Avoid typing errors to the max. Also, cross-check the web address that you have entered before pressing the Enter key.
IV. Use the Right Admin Details
Chances are that you did not use the correct admin password and username to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router. If you are not sure regarding the default login credentials, refer to the user manual, but do not enter the wrong details.
V. Do Not Perform Background Activities
Another thing that you can do to get rid of setup issues is to let the Nighthawk app get installed properly, without any interference. In simple words, do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk application is in the process of getting installed.
The guidelines mentioned in this post will surely help you perform Netgear router setup using the Manual method and Nighthawk app. Now, you can enjoy accessing a seamless and lag-free internet connection in every damn corner of your home without worrying about a lessened WiFi speed.