Depicting an IT support team trying to get rid of the bug in the software they developed and implemented for the rest of the company. With all the brains put together there is no doubt they're going to make it.


CRICOS is the official permit for all the education providers in Australia who want to teach overseas students. If you want to be able to provide education to overseas students studying on a student visa in Australia, you will need to register your business as CRICOS. If you want to know about this in detail, you can visit the official CRICOS website. In this blog, we are going to answer the frequently asked questions regarding CRICOS registration, so read on if you have unanswered questions.


Fronto Advisory provides expert advisory services for CRICOS for sale and many other things, including SDA, RTO, NDIS, Aged Care services, etc.

How Do I Register?

If you want to register yourself for CRICOS, you will need to contact to gain access to the TEQSA portal. You will need to fill out the application form and provide the evidence to support your request. TEQSA will then review your application, and if CRICOS is allowed, you will be registered for up to seven years. 


If you want to know the details of registration for CRICOS, read our blog about CRICOS registration.

Who Can Submit The Application?

It is a commonly occurring question since people don’t know who in the organisation has the authority to submit the application for CRICOS. Your organisation’s executive principal can request access to the portal and submit the application on behalf of the staff in your organisation. The email for registration must include the names of all the members that need to be added. Once TEQSA approves the request, all the members will receive instructions on how they can access the portal. These contacts need to be reviewed regularly to check if they are including current members, and in case you need to cancel access, you must inform TEQSA as soon as possible.

What Is TEQSA Responsible For?

Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) is responsible for many things regarding CRICOS. TEQSA reviews the applications and registrations, and it is also responsible for ensuring compliance within the program. If any non-compliance activities are identified on the applicant’s end, they can also take immediate majors to prevent it.

Is An Application Necessary To Change A Course From Existing Location?

You need the application if you want to add or remove a course from an existing location. You can submit an Add Course on your CRICOS application via the portal provided by TEQSA to add or remove a course from a current location.

Is Application Required To Add A New Delivery Site?

Yes, if you want a course to be delivered to a new site, you need an application to request this change. The request should be submitted via a portal provided by TEQSA, and if you are relocating from your current location, an intention to relocate application should be submitted.

How Does TEQSA Review Arrangements With Third Parties?

To provide higher education services in Australia, providers make alliances with other providers to allow them to have higher education courses. They have effective mechanisms to manage quality. In reviewing the applications for this alliance, TEQSA considers the background of all parties, the purpose of the arrangement, how the providers will maintain quality, and how they mitigate risks to quality.

Is Application Needed For The Change In Student Capacity?

Yes, any change in the student capacity will need to submit an application on the portal. This particular application must be submitted separately if you have other applications submitted on the portal as well.

How Do I Withdraw Course On CRICOS?

If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must submit a withdrawal course form via the TEQSA portal. You will need to mention if you want the course to be suspended or cancelled. Cancelling a course means that you will not be able to reinstate it, whereas suspending means that you will allow the current students to complete this course but will not be taking new students in.

Looking For Advice?

We at Fronto Advisory believe in providing our clients with nothing but the best advice for their organisation. If you want to know about CRICOS on sale or any other queries related to SDA, NDIS, RTO, etc. Contact our team, and we will guide you to the best of our abilities.