How Right Way Clean Laptop? is indeed something we need to do so that our laptops are kept clean. But do you know, your laptop is also a magnet for all kinds of dirt. Starting from the invisible ones like viruses and bacteria to the big ones like cookie crumbs and so on.
That’s why the laptop should be cleaned frequently. Not only to take care of the hardware, but also to keep yourself clean, especially when the corona virus is epidemic like now. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) even recommends that we diligently clean laptops and other gadgets to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
So, here’s a guide to cleaning your laptop properly and effectively eradicating all disease viruses. Come on, follow the steps!
First, prepare the necessary equipment
Here are the materials and equipment you need to clean your dirty laptop:
- Water in a spray bottle.
- Microfiber cloth or cloth used for cleaning glasses.
- Cotton bud.
- Isopropyl alcohol at least 90 percent.
- Wet wipes.
- Then what should we do if we don’t have alcohol? Take it easy, you can use water and vinegar. Simply dissolve one cup of vinegar with one cup of warm water, then mix it and put it in a spray bottle. But keep in mind that the best ingredient is still isopropyl alcohol.
Clean the outside of the laptop first
After all the materials and equipment are ready, the first step you need to do is clean the outside of the laptop. Here’s how:
- Make sure the laptop is off and close the screen.
- Rub wet wipes over all surfaces, both the top and bottom of the laptop.
- Make sure the side of the laptop is not missed.
- Then, squirt some water onto the microfiber cloth and wipe it once more over the entire surface.
- Take a cotton bud, put some alcohol on the end.
- Use it to clean each port on the side of your laptop.
Then clean the keyboard
The next step is to clean the keyboard, the dirtiest part of your laptop. This is because dust, food crumbs, and other dirt often sticks to or even gets between them. So, to clean all of that, here are the steps:
- First, open your laptop and face it down.
- Gently shake so all the dirt falls off.
- Spray enough water on the keyboard..
- You can spray it on a microfiber cloth and then wipe it over the keyboard;
- Then take a cotton bud, dip the tip in the alcohol.
- Wait a minute until the cotton bud isn’t too wet, then wipe it between the keyboard;
- Don’t forget to clean the laptop trackpad, ok?
- When all parts have been cleaned, wipe off any remaining water and alcohol with a microfiber cloth.
This is the right way to clean a laptop screen
How to clean a laptop screen is more or less the same as the keyboard. Follow the steps below:
- Spray the screen with enough water to make dirt and dust easier to clean; Spray the alcohol or vinegar solution onto the microfiber cloth. Just until the cloth is damp, don’t get too wet.
- Apply evenly to the laptop screen.
- Don’t forget to clean between the screens.
Don’t forget to clean all external devices
Well, now all parts of your laptop are clean, here. But don’t go yet, you still have to clean external devices. For example, mice, flash drives, driver CDs, hard disks, and even your laptop charger.
How to clean the device is more or less the same as before. Spray water onto a microfiber cloth and then wipe it. Then spray the rubbing alcohol onto the cloth and wipe it off. So simple, right?
That’s the right way to clean a laptop so that you avoid all virus diseases. Remember, yes, you have to do it regularly. Especially if you use your laptop every day. As much as possible once every two days you should clean it. Good luck!