The QuickBooks error 80070057 is one of the most common issues users face and states that the parameter is incorrect, especially when accessing the QuickBooks company file. This error often crosses your path when you attempt to access your QuickBooks company file from a workstation located on another web server or host computer. This error code implies that you don’t have enough permission to delete the files, and it can be fixed by following the steps mentioned in this article.
Finding it time-consuming to manually resolve this error? Don’t worry. We have an alternative; just dial us at +1.855.738.0359 for immediate technical assistance from our experts.
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks error 80070057
You can implement the following solutions carefully to rectify QuickBooks error 80070057.
Solution 1: Stop all the QuickBooks processes running in the background to Resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057
You are constantly getting the “error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect” error message because you have multiple processes running in the background.
- Firstly, you need to be on the server computer and logged in as the Administrator before moving to the next step.
- This is crucial because further steps need the right access.
- Now use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc, which is the command for the task manager; you must see processes for all users and choose the Users tab.
- You must now choose the following processes: QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe).
- Choose End Task and attempt opening your company file in the multi-user mode to observe for update error 80070057.
Read More: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a
Solution 2: Launch your QuickBooks company file locally to fix error 0x80070057
The error may be with the location of the file if your QuickBooks company file is not launching and causing the QuickBooks error message 80070057. Hence, in this second solution, we suggest you try accessing the file from a local location and observe if you are still getting error code 80070057 QuickBooks.
- Head to the path that contains your QuickBooks company file.
- Now find the file that consists of. QBW extension.
- Next, highlight and then right-click on it.
- Select Copy, then open the Desktop screen.
- Further, right-click anywhere on the screen and then select Paste.
- Next, you need to launch your QuickBooks application while holding the control key.
- The No Company Open window will open up, and you need to open the company files you copied on the desktop.
Solution 3: Update the QuickBooks Desktop application to Resolve QuickBooks error message 80070057
The third solution is to update the QuickBooks desktop by implementing the steps mentioned below.
- Access the QuickBooks download page, click the drop-down list, and select the QuickBooks product you want to download.
- Now choose the version of your choice, click Search, and then click Get the Latest Updates without delay.
- Next, save the file on your computer and double-click the file from the downloads to install the latest version of the application.
Solution 4: Access the QuickBooks company file from the local storage
Our last solution is to access the QuickBooks company file from the local storage by following these steps.
- To start with, copy the company file from the external drive.
- Now paste the file into the local storage of your computer.
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application and tap on the File tab.
- Lastly, locate and select the company file from this new location.
We hope that the aforementioned solutions helped you to rectify QuickBooks error 80070057. Nonetheless, we understand if that’s not the case here, and what you can do is dial us at +1.855.738.0359, and our experts will provide you with immediate technical assistance.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15104