The occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 15222 in QuickBooks can be very aggravating. Are you searching for a workable remedy to correct this mistake? You need not worry as your hunt is over. This article will thoroughly explain about the error and outline the necessary actions for its correction.
You might see the following error message on your computer screen:
The QuickBooks error code 15222 might interfere with a large number of QuickBooks features. This error is frequently experienced when updating QuickBooks and is primarily caused by an issue in the internet connection or a conflicting web browser. If you want to learn more about the error, its causes, and troubleshooting, make sure to read this article all the way through.
QuickBooks error code 15222: What leads to this error?
Numerous factors could be to blame for QuickBooks error 15222. The following are some of the ruling causes of this error:
You frequently face this problem when Internet Explorer is not your default browser.
- When the registered digital signatures connected to Internet Explorer are out of date, this error may also appear.
- The QuickBooks Error code 15222 may be cause by a firewall or any antivirus program running in the background.
- The update procedure could be hampered by poor internet connectivity, resulting such error.
Easy remedies to rectify the QuickBooks error code 15222
The user can try the following methods to resolve the QB error code 15222:
Method 1: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Head to the location containing your QuickBooks files. For this, right-click the QuickBooks icon, and hit Open File location. Now, opt for the exe file.
- Move to the properties menu after right-clicking the “QBW32.exe” file.
- In properties, look for the Digital Signature Herein, you will be grante access to a list of digital signatures.
- Scroll through the list and choose the details option next to the “Intuit, Inc.”
- In the Details tab, hit on View Certificate.
- Select Install Certificate from the menu.
- Once the procedure is finished, update QuickBooks once more and verify that the error code 15222 has been fixed.
Method 2: Set Internet Explorer as the default Browser
- Launch Internet Explorer and choose the Internet option under Tools.
- Choose the “make default” option under the Programs
- Then click OK.
- Your default Internet browser is now Internet Explorer. Now that QuickBooks has been update try it again and check if the error 15222 got rooted out.
Method 3: Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub after downloading it from Intuit’s official website.
- Go to the Programs tab and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Any probable QuickBooks error will be investigate by the tool.
- Once the diagnosis is complete, update QuickBooks and check to see if the issue has been fixed.
Method 4: Modifying Firewall Settings
The QuickBooks update may be hindered by a firewall, which could also be a factor in QuickBooks desktop issue 15222. In this situation, you must set up your firewall’s settings and make sure that the domains QuickBooks.com, QBupdate.exe, Intuit.exe, and Payroll.com have been added to the list of exceptions.
We sincerely hope that this post helped you fix QuickBooks error code 15222. However, we advise you to contact the QuickBooks desktop support team if the issue continues.