If you have noticed wax melts in a boutique close to you, in an online shop, or anywhere on social media, you might have been asking yourself, what do I do with wax melts? Well, there are a lot of things you can do with wax melts because it is very versatile and can be used as an active ingredient for different purposes.
For most people, we use wax melts to create a warm and peaceful atmosphere in our homes by putting the wax melts into a warmer and warming the melts to fill the home with different fragrances which can be pleasing and helpful to the body. However, in this article, we are not going to be talking about this. In this article, we will be looking at making soap at home and how wax melts can be used for this purpose.
Soap is essential in any home. It can be used for washing, bathing, and cleaning the house, and being able to use these wax melts for making soap at home helps to ensure the quality of the soap, leaving us with only healthy and natural ingredients which would do us a whole lot of good.
How to Make Soap with Wax Melts
If you’re looking to make soap with wax melts, you need to understand that the wax melts add the necessary hardness to the recipe alongside the fragrance and other important elements t contains. So, let’s make bathing soap using wax melts with a touch of honey for that special feeling you will always enjoy.
- 13.5 ounces coconut oil
- 14.5 ounces of water
- 2 ounces of fragrance or essential oil
- 4.4 ounces almond oil
- 1 ounce of wax melts
- 6.8 ounces of lye
- 13.5 ounces beef tallow
- 13.5 ounces olive oil
- 2.4 ounces castor oil
- The first thing you need to do in this method of soap preparation is getting a place where you want to add the final mix of your soap and lay it with bubble wraps at the base.
- Once you have that prepared, you need to take all your oils and melt them together in low heat.
- Once you have all the oils melted, the next step is adding your wax melts to the melted oils – this has to be done at a higher temperature because wax melts have a melting point of about 145F.
- Once the mix is fully melted, hen you need to take the heated oils into the pot and cool them in bathwater.
- Make a mix of honey and oil, which is to be added to the mix.
- Add the honey oils mixture to the rest of the cooling wax and oils.
- Then add lye to the rest of the mix and stir gently – you need to be ready to take it out once it is done.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared case and then lay the entire thing with bubble wraps.
- Once it is fully molded, you can unwrap your molded soap and cut it into the sizes of your choosing.
Making soap at home is great, and one of the best ingredients you can use to prepare your soap is wax melts. This is an excellent and easy way to prepare your soap with good results to show for it.