Users of QuickBooks have access to a platform where they may store and manage a variety of company files. They are permitted to back up the files for their business and restore the backups as necessary. However, when carrying out such tasks, users can run into QuickBooks Error 6000 83. Such errors can occur in various situations, and the solutions utilized to fix them vary accordingly. For instance, if the issue occurs when creating a backup, you will need to create a new company file folder on the local drive, but if the error occurs while restoring a company file, you will need to create a portable company file. Continue reading this article through to the end if you need to learn more.
Need to overcome company file-related problems like QB error 6000 83 right away? To speak with our technical experts, get in touch with 1.855.738.2784.
How do I fix the 6000 83 error in QuickBooks when making a company file backup?
If you see the error when attempting to generate a backup of your company files, follow these instructions to establish a new company file folder on your local hard drive or the C: disc: –
- Open My Computer on your Server computer using File Explorer or the desktop.
- Now make a new folder with a name in the local drive or the C: drive.
- To build a backup of your company file, follow the instructions provided and store the backup in this new folder.
- Now replace your company’s files with those in this folder and see if the issue has been eliminated.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6069
How can I fix QuickBooks 6000 83 error when restoring a company file?
If you get an error when creating or restoring company files, make sure the name of your backup file is clear of symbols, spaces, and special characters by doing the following steps:-
- Using the file explorer on your computer, look for and open the folder containing your QuickBooks backup files.
- Rename the QBB file (backup company file) using the right-click menu, then verify that it is proper.
- Remove all spaces, symbols, and other special characters from the file name.
- To see if the error has been fixed, attempt to restore your company files once more.
- Restore company files from a fresh portable company file if the error persists.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 6144 82
How can I fix QuickBooks 6000 83 error when the company file is saved on a Windows server?
Turn off hosting on the workstations using the following instructions if the problem happens when the company file is saved on a Windows server: –
- From the File menu of the QuickBooks software, select the Utilities tab on each workstation in the network.
- If the hosting settings are enabled, choose the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Check to see if the error is fixed after confirming the hosting configurations of all the workstations.
This is how to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 83 in various circumstances. To determine the troubleshooting approach you should use based on the procedure during which you encounter this error, thoroughly read this article. Contact 1.855.738.2784 to speak with a member of our technical staff right away if you keep coming across the problem.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 15270