You might run into a few technical problems while using QuickBooks Desktop. In this article, we will throw light on the different reasons that lead to QuickBooks desktop crashing issue and will also discuss the avenues to fix it. The recurring QuickBooks crashing could occur due to damage caused to the QuickBooks files, especially the installation files. Let us first dive into the various causes that lead to crashing of QuickBooks Desktop.
What leads to crashing of QuickBooks Desktop?
- The Company file size may be too large.
- Anti-virus software stops the QuickBooks program from working.
- The data on your hard drive is erroneous or corrupted.
- Your company file is corrupted.
- Corrupted Program files or corrupted QuickBooks installation files may also be a reason leading to QuickBooks keeps crashing issue.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Crashing Issues?
Method 1: Delete Temp Files
- Press the Win and R keys together to open the Run Command.
- Type Control and hit the OK button.
- Choose Network, then Internet, and then Internet Options.
- Select Delete from the General tab.
- Choose Website files and Temporary Internet files.
- Click Delete.
- It might take a while to get rid of the temporary internet files.
- Then, click the Apply button and then the OK button.
Method 2: Set up and use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to your download folder by pressing the short-cut key combination CTRL+J.
- From your list of downloads, double-click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Click Next to install it, then click Yes to agree to the terms.
- Press Next, then click Install.
- Select Finish when the installation is done.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and install it. After that, launch it.
- You then need to click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool under the Installation Issues tab.
- Click Proceed to start making repairs to your QuickBooks desktop files.
- When the process is done, turn off and on your computer again.
- If the problem still exists after you’ve tried these steps, move on to the next method to fix the QuickBooks crashing issue.
Method 4: Suppressing QuickBooks
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop while you hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on your keyboard.
- Don’t let go of the Ctrl and Shift keys until QuickBooks is open on your computer. It will bring up No Company Open Window.
Method 5: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to Help and then choose the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then choose the option to Update Now.
- Click Reset Update, and then click Get Updates.
- Close QuickBooks when the update is done.
Method 6: Use the Portable Company File
- Open QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Click on File and then hit on the option to Create Copy.
- Hit on Next after choosing the Portable Company File.
- Choose the location where you want to save the portable file.
- Click on Save and then hit on OK.
Steps For Restoring Portable Company File
- From the File menu, choose the option to Open Company or Restore Company.
- Choose the option to Restore a portable file, then click Next.
- Find a portable company file, click Open, then click Next.
- Now, put the company file back to its original destination. Finally, click on Save.
Method 7: Use the Database Server Manager
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub, and then press the CTRL and J keys at the same time to go to the folder where your downloaded files are stored.
- Double tap on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file in the folder.
- Choose “Yes” if you want this app to be able to make changes.
- Click Next to put it in place.
- Hit on Next again, and then choose the option to Install.
- When the installation is done, click the “Finish” button.
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub now.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the Network Issues tab.
- Once the process concludes, check if the crashing issue got fixed.
It is time to end this article. We reiterate our unending technical support for you. If you are still unable to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing issue, just give our ProAdvisors a call at 1 800 761 1787 and they will be more than happy to address your issue.