Without any uncertainty, we can say that QuickBooks Desktop is a cutting-edge money-management application. Using the highly advanced features of QuickBooks Desktop, management of day-to-day financial tasks can be efficiently done. However, as well all know, no application in the world is immune to errors, and this case applies to QuickBooks Desktop as well. Through this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 1904, which many users face while attempting to install QuickBooks Desktop on their computers. A user might notice an error message stating, “ [file path / name / extension] failed to register.” Several factors can trigger QuickBooks Desktop error 1904, which you are going to learn further in this post, alongside their possible troubleshooting ways.
Are you seeking instant troubleshooting guidance to fix QuickBooks error 1904? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professionals.
What are the reasons leading to QuickBooks Desktop error 1904?
QuickBooks Desktop error 1904 usually takes place because of the damaged installation files of QuickBooks Desktop. Nonetheless, there are other reasons too that can cause it, such as:
1. The Microsoft MSXML component necessary for installing QuickBooks Desktop is damaged.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6189 816
How to rectify QuickBooks error 1904 safely?
Solution 1) Repair the QuickBooks installation files using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
1. Download the present-day version (188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer’s desktop.
2. Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
3. Do as per the on-screen steps, and after that, agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
4. Double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
5. Navigate to the Installation Issues tab given at the left pane.
6. Find the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and click on it.
7. When the tool finishes repairing the QuickBooks installation files, restart your computer.
If you still get QuickBooks error 1904 while installing QuickBooks Desktop, move to the second solution.
Solution 2) Repair the Microsoft MSXML component
If you have the 64-Bit operating system, register MSXML by following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Run command by pressing Windows + E keys on the keyboard.
2. Enter “CMD” in the search bar and then select the OK button.
3. At the C: prompt, enter cd\windows\syswow64.
4. After that, enter “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” and then press Enter on the keyboard.
5. Check whether you can install QuickBooks Desktop now.
If you have the 32-Bit operating system, register MSXML by following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Navigate to the Windows Start menu.
2. Type “CMD” in the search space and then press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Type “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” in the CMD window and then press Enter on the keyboard.
4. Try to install QuickBooks Desktop and see if you get any errors this time.
In case you are unable to fix QuickBooks error 1904 even after applying the troubleshooting solutions that we have talked about above in the post, then the installation of QuickBooks Desktop might be failing due to insufficient Windows permissions. Hence, we advise you to install QuickBooks Desktop with Windows admin permissions. For additional troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks Desktop error 1904, you can contact our QuickBooks officials.
Also read: Quick Troubleshooting Guide] to Fix QuickBooks Error 6147