If you are facing while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application, it can be due to the QuickBooks error 6010 100. This error code can get triggered due to many possible reasons, like obstruction caused by the Windows firewall. This issue can prevent users from running QuickBooks and needs to be addressed immediately. You can dismiss the QuickBooks error code 6010 100 by using the effective solutions provided in this blog below.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1-855-948-3646 to get direct assistance from our QB technicians.
QuickBooks Desktop Error 6010 100: Possible Triggers
You might be getting the QuickBooks error message 6010 100 due to the following possible reasons –
- Essential files, like the network data and transaction log files, are corrupted, damaged, or missing from the system.
- There are junk files accumulated in your system, which are causing connectivity issues while installing QuickBooks.
- 3rd party applications might be blocking the QuickBooks installation process, leading to the 6010 error.
- You are not running QB as an admin to install the application with adequate access rights.
- The company file you are trying to run isn’t saved on the server, which is causing access issues.
You may also like to read:- How to resolve Unable to start intuit update service
Relevant Methods to Address the QuickBooks Installation Error 6010
You can resolve the QuickBooks pro error 6010 100 by performing the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Activate the Database Server Manager by Running the QB Setup File
You can dismiss the QB error code 6010 100 by activating the database service in the following manner –
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub setup file on your desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to download the utility and access it.
- Run the tool hub and navigate to the Network Issues tab to select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option, and run the service.
- Scan the company file location by selecting the Scan Folders option and choosing the folder that stores your QBW file to perform a repair.
- Hit OK once the scan process ends and run the QB installation process to check the status of the 6010 error code.
Step 2 – Rename the ND File and Reinstall QB Desktop from the Control Panel
You need to ensure that the ND file is correctly running to run the QB installation process.
- Go to the QuickBooks File Directory and search for the file with the ND extension with the same company file name to select the Rename option.
- Add OLD at the end of the file extension and hit Enter to save the modifications, followed by going to the Start menu.
- Access the Control Panel and click Uninstall to select the QuickBooks Desktop application and run the clean install tool to install the preferred QB version.
- Hit OK, and once the installation completes, run the app to ensure that the 6010 error is fixed.
QuickBooks error 6010 100 can be easily tackled by using the solutions given in this blog. If the error persists, you can reach out to us at +1-855-948-3646 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Read more:- How to fix QuickBooks error 2000