Operating heavy equipment at the construction site is not rocket science. It is fun for the ones who enjoy the construction job. You will enjoy using them until you follow the safety precautions, once you neglect the safety measures, you may hit a major catastrophe that may harm you, others, and the construction site as well.
Using a bulldozer/Dozer also needs to be operated safely. On construction sites, dozers are used to move or push the soil rock or heavy objects that need a lot of human effort. Manufacturers are trying to make them more user-friendly but still, proper training in bulldozer operation can make you expert and you can avoid most of the risks. Being a contractor, you should also keep in mind the safety tip while purchasing and operating a new or used bulldozer for sale.
Here in this article, you will find some important tips to keep in mind while using a bulldozer.
Before operating a bulldozer for a construction project, make sure to check some prior yet necessary checks. You can avoid or at least minimize the risks, this way.
- A bulldozer does not run as fast as a car. But a seatbelt is as necessary to wear on a bulldozer as it needs in a car. Check if the seatbelt is well and does not have any issues.
- Bulldozer cabin is designed for only one person. Make sure to not allow any other person to sit in the cabin except the operator. It might be dangerous for operators and others too.
- Must check the oil and coolant levels. Check if it needs to be changed or the level is up to the mark.
Follow User Manual
It does not matter if you are using the dozer for the first time or multiple times, read the manual before operating every new model. Manufacturers make some alterations or advancements and give the proper operation guide in the user manual. Reading carefully the manual document can make you sure about the operation of equipment like a professional.
On-time or daily maintenance will keep all the parts of equipment working for a long time. Before starting work on the job-site, make sure to cross-check everything. If any little spare part needs to be changed, do it in the first place. Do not wait for it to get more damaged. In the future, this damage may cause you big trouble.
Post Operation check-ups
After the work has been done, make sure to check if everything is locked properly. Park the equipment in a suitable and safe place. The parking place should be leveled so that the equipment would not experience any damage due to roll out. Cross-check the blades and lower them down from the attachments and finally shut the engine off.
Other Useful Tips
Besides all the above-mentioned precautions, keep these few tips in mind while operating bulldozers.
- To avoid any major harm, keep doing work in the slot.
- Do not rush the task, you may damage the workability of the dozer’s blade.
- Overloading the blade will also cause less productivity.
- Undercarriage wear can be declined due to reverse dozing. Always try to doze from front to back.
- Along with it, always try not to overpass the electric wires, water lines, and any underground system.
On the construction site, several types of construction equipment are required for the heavy tasks. Different kinds of new or used bulldozers for sale are available and each of them has to be operated according to the user manual and very carefully. Any slight negligence in its operation may cause big trouble for the operators and others as well. Some basic yet easy precautions and safety measures, mentioned above, need to be followed to avoid or at least minimize the risk on construction sites.