A faulty installation or errors while in QuickBooks Desktop can result in the QuickBooks error 6010 100. When the error occurs, you need to reinstall the application to run QuickBooks. There can be many reasons why this error pops up like a firewall obstruction. It can also occur in a multi-user hosting setup and to fix the QuickBooks file error 6010 -100 effectively, you need to follow the various steps provided in this article.
If you are unable to resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get the error fixed with the help of our assistance team.
Why Am I Getting the QuickBooks Desktop error 6010?
The following factors might be contributing to the QuickBooks error code 6010 –
- The network data and transaction log files are having issues and are unable to connect with QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks registry file is missing or is deleted by Windows.
- Some anti-virus programs are installed on your system and are preventing QuickBooks from working properly.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15223
Resolving the QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 100
Get the QuickBooks error 6010 100 resolved effectively with the help of the following solutions –
Solution 1: Disable the QB Multi-User Mode on your Server
Try disabling the multi-user mode by switching to the single-user mode in QuickBooks and eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop error 6010.
- Click on the QBicon while holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window pops up.
- Go to the QuickBooks Filemenu and select Utilities to click on the Stop Multi-User Access
- Disable multi-hosting and click Yesto confirm switching to the single-user mode.
- Restart your PC and run QuickBooks to check the status of the error.
Also read: QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
Solution 2: Uninstall and Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop Application
Perform a QuickBooks re-installation and see if it helps in resolving the 6010 error code.
- Go to the Control Panelfrom the Windows Start menu and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall QuickBooks by choosing the application from the programs list.
- Once done, install QuickBooks again by using the Clean Install Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on I Accept and Continueand choose your QB version to finish the process.
- Now, restart QuickBooks and run the company file to check if the QuickBooks error 6010 100 is fixed.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 6155
Solution 3: Edit the Damaged Network Data and Transaction Log File Names
Fix the damaged .ND and .TLG files by editing their respective file names. For this, search for the network data and transaction log files, followed by right-clicking on them. Select Rename and add .OLD at the end of the file names to edit their names. Hit Enter and save the modified names to resolve the error 6010 in QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks error 6010 100 can be easily resolved, provided you are following the right steps. Use the solutions provided in this article and fix the 6010 error code effectively. If the error persists, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our team of experts in resolving the issue.
You may also read: Eliminating QuickBooks error code 6190 with easy fixes