QuickBooks Error 15104 is an update error that can occur while updating the QuickBooks software. This error can prevent you from using certain features of the software and can cause a lot of frustration. In this article, we will provide some tips and tricks for a quick fix to QuickBooks Error 15104.
Tip 1: Verify the Network Connection
The first thing you should check is your network connection. If you are using a wireless connection, try using a wired connection. If the network connection is not set up correctly, it can lead to QuickBooks Error 15104.
Tip 2: Disable Anti-virus or Firewall
Sometimes, anti-virus or firewall settings can prevent QuickBooks from updating and cause QuickBooks Error 15104. Disable anti-virus or firewall settings temporarily and try updating QuickBooks again. If the error disappears, you can re-enable your anti-virus or firewall settings and add QuickBooks to the exceptions list.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Tip 3: Rename the QuickBooks Folders
Renaming the QuickBooks folders can fix any damaged or corrupted files. Follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks and go to the folder where QuickBooks is installed.
- Rename the folders with names such as “QB Temp Files” and “DownloadQBxx” to something else.
- Open QuickBooks and try updating again.
Tip 4: Repair QuickBooks Installation
If the error persists, you may need to repair the QuickBooks installation. Follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks and open the Control Panel.
- Click on “Programs and Features.”
- Find QuickBooks in the list and click on “Uninstall/Change.”
- Select “Repair” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip 5: Perform a Clean Install
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to perform a clean install of QuickBooks. Follow these steps:
- Backup your company files and QuickBooks settings.
- Uninstall QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- Rename the QuickBooks folders as mentioned in Tip 3.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using the installation disc or download link.
- Restore your company files and QuickBooks settings.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Error 15104 can be resolved by following the above tips and tricks. It is important to take a backup of your company files and QuickBooks settings before attempting any of the solutions. If you are still unable to resolve the error, you can contact QuickBooks support for assistance.
Read more: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6069?