‘Everyone wants happiness. No one wants pain. But you can’t have a rainbow without a rainbow’
A quote that covers and speaks a lot on the importance of recovery and the beauty of living a life of sobriety.
What is Addiction?
Addiction can be described as a chemical disbalance that results in need of the alcohol or drugs. There is a sudden need and without it the behaviour becomes compulsive and often with harmful consequences . It can be explained that involves functional changes to brain circuits and as a result brings stress, self harming tendencies and lack of self control. To maintain a health and a stress free life , it is importance to fight against the substance abuse disorder and opt for living a life of sobriety and decency. Let us understand – what is sobriety and the importance of it.
Staying in senses is what sobriety is about. Being all sober helps us to convey our emotions precisely and elaborately. Life is a roller coaster that would involve the days of stress, boredom, loneliness and miserableness along with days of joy, freedom , gratitude and over excitement but it is only when a person is sober he/she can live real essence of life being able to express emotions , find solutions of the problems and living in full encouragement and with set goals.
Sobriety is a life that is focused on to living a life of cencency after a battle against the substance abuse disorder. Substance abuse disorder is a deadly disorder that turns the person into a liability. Let us look at the symptoms of substance abuse disorder-
- Mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and panic attacks
- Extreme anger issues
- Abusive approach towards problems
- Self harming tendencies
- Hatred towards other people
- Lack of self confidence
- Lack of concentration
- Prone to many physical illness like increase heart attack risks, liver problem, cancer and may more.
Substance abuse disorder consumes the person from within bringing the beast out of the person. This often results in the person turning out to be a threat to the society. It is this important to take the right steps and treat themselves with the help of professionals.within the home premises there is no stringent ways to ensure that the person has not consumed any substance for the required period of time, thus it is important to take necessary steps like admitting to oneself and then opt to seek help at inpatient treatment facility. The inpatient treatment facility focuses on providing a stay to addicts for the required number of the days depending on the health of the patient. The inpatient addiction centres might use stringent ways but these are necessary to eliminate the risk of relapse in the future.
Let us look at the facilities that the inpatient addiction centres provide to the patient-
- 24 hour check up by the trained health staff
- Regular and frequent checkups by the doctor
- Gourmet food- food is made by the chefs on the basis of the plan designed by the the deiticians
- Serenic environment – usually rehab centres like the luxurious rehab centres are located at the places that provide a scenic beauty to the patient
- Medical help is providing ensuring that every dose prescribed by the doctor is taken on time
- Therapy sessions are organised giving emphasis on communication
- Yoga and meditation professions conducts their sessions to provide peace and calmness by settling chaos that goes in the mind.
Recovery process against the substance abuse disorder is not an easy process, it’s very challenging but it is okay to give yourself time , time to get better and to grow against the all challenges with just one focus of living a decent and life of sobriety with their close ones. In all this process it is equally important to be an inspiration for those suffering from the addiction and requires a push and a guidance from those who have overcome this journey and the chances of relapse are also eliminated thus living a life with the goals that they have set for themselves in terms of work, family and for themselves. Not worrying about what society would think but the only focus should be on self growth.