Mental health is very common today and is spreading with each passing day. However, still the lack of acceptance and awareness is proving dangerous for society. The need of the hour today is to highlight the fact that mental health is as important as physical health. mental health has its own specific treatment and treatment facility just like for physical health. Mental health is not a matter of shame. In this growing world there happens a lot of activities that extend the brain to the extent that you tend to lose yourself and the ability to learn and grow. Mental breakdowns are a real thing and very normal, at a certain point there comes when the brain stops accepting things positively and gives up, this is when one needs a professional help and guidance. Life comes with lot of challenges at every point of life where one is tested , mental health weakens and so does the person
Why is mental health considered taboo?
- Mental health is usually associated with a person being mad or mentally sick that they can be dangerous to one’s safety
- Lack of awareness results in people becoming scared and thus alienating them from the society
- Mental health is not something that is talked about in public it is often to be kept as a secret because suffering from mental healthiness is impure dangerous and harmful
Why should mental health illness not be ashamed of?
The brain is a part of the human body and with the growing and always changing world people often tend to experience certain moments in their life that leaves a traumatic experience that horrifying them for the rest of their life-
- Severe mood swings
- Sleep disorder
- Borderline Personality disorder
- Psychotic disorders
- Memory loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Eating disorder
These are some of the most common mental health disorders that prevail among the population. Often people tend to ignore the symptoms that these mental health disorders have . The most common symptoms are extreme anger issues. A feeling of loneliness being vulnerable, emotional, and miserable at all times.
People often tend to isolate themselves from the society, losing all the capability to perceive things positively, lack of concentration in work and education. Life becomes tough to live since people find it difficult to express what they feel in the fear of being judged and ridiculed not just by the society but also by their close ones. It is important to understand that mental health can be cured if taken the right approach at the right time.
Types of Facilities
Inpatient mental health facilities
- Inpatient mental health facilities are Facilities that aim at providing stay for minimum 30 days can exceed depending upon the health of the patient. The authorities aim at providing an environment to the patients for their recovery in – providing 24 hour services
- Regular checkup
- Therapy sessions are organised ,these vary from group therapy sessions, family therapy sessions, personalised individualised sessions
- Gourmet food and an inspiring environment is created
- Mindfulness activities are held like yoga and meditation to calm down the chaos and provide peace.
Outpatient mental health facilities
Mental health facility that requires patients to visit the mental care centre,where the treatment takes place on an appointment basis usually scheduled for an hourly basis. These centres mainly focus on providing therapy sessions and medications. Instilling them with confidence, guidance and courage to face their situations boldly.
Inpatient mental health facilities are no less than a blessing. It provides a professional guidance and health care facilities helping the individuals fight through the battle ,guiding them through this tough and showing them the right path for the future. It is normal to go through emotional and mental health breakdown but what is most important is to fight against it and return back to a normal life stronger and more complete while at the same time ensuring that awareness regarding mental health illness and disorders are spread all across the masses and providing our peers, friends and close ones the courage to approach to mental health facilities for suitable treatment and not being afraid of the challenges that this fight can bring but it is all worth it .