Camping in the vast outback of New Zealand is an experience like none other and people from all over the world flock to this magical country to soak in all the pristine glamour that the location has to offer. Featuring some of the best trails and hillocks there are, New Zealand is nothing short of a paradise for trekkers, campers, and hunters alike.
Thanks to such a developed ecosystem, people can hope to find everything that they would need to conquer the terrain with ease, and what this means is that you’d need to pack in essential camping gear if you want to experience a seamless and immersive camping experience in the country, and you can source something like an inflatable tent in NZ pretty easily.
There are quite a few manufacturers and sellers of camping gear in NZ, and thanks to these stores, you’d be able to source each and everything that you need for your next escapade. Here, we will be taking a look at some of the essential camping equipment that you just cannot afford to overlook, and the purpose that they serve in making your overall experience that much better.
When it comes to camping in New Zealand, one of the first things that you’d need is a tent, and without one, there won’t be a lot of difference between camping and survival. Now, it must be kept in mind that there are a lot of different forms of tents that are available in the market, and you can find everything from inflatable tents in NZ to ones that can house entire groups or families. While the choosing process burns down to the role in which they would be used and what the size of the group is, here are a few guiding points that you must keep in mind while going to pick one up.
- Always pick a tent that is optimized to suit the weather condition in which you would be camping. Picking something that isn’t optimized to keep the snow out during winter would be a bad idea, and the same can be said for other tents as well.
- If you are considering picking up an inflatable tent in NZ for your camping trip, you must keep an eye out for the amount of time that would be required to pump it up, and the type of inflator that’s being supplied with the tent.
- If you are going to travel in a big group, you must consider the capacity of the tent before picking one up. Contrary to the tepee-like image that we have about tents, it must be said that these come in a wide range of shapes and sizes, and the number of occupants would play a crucial role when it comes to selecting one.
- The weight of the tent can play a crucial role in the overall selection process as well. If you are going to take your truck, this won’t be much of an issue, but the picture won’t be quite the same when it comes to hikes and treks. In such a situation, you would want to select something that is light and easy to carry around.
With the issue of tents being addressed, let us take a look at the next set of items that you must carry on such trips and excursions.
If you are planning a camping or hiking trip, you just cannot afford to ignore the luggage options. These can come in a wide range of configurations, and thus, it is essential that you select one that fits your needs in the best possible manner. Here are a few pointers that can help do the trick for you.
- If you are going for something like a duffle bag in NZ, you must take a look at the capacity that the bag is rated for, and the material that has been used to construct it. It must be said that these are some of the bests there are, and certain models are waterproof as well, so you’d certainly want them with you.
- The visibility of these bags is essential as well. During the darker sections of the treks, these bags can be used to identify and spot one another, and this can prove to be an essential safety feature that must not be taken lightly in any manner whatsoever.
- Accessibility plays a critical role when it comes to determining the bag that you would carry on our trips. Many of us are usually under the impression that the ones with the largest number of chains may be the best, but that isn’t always true. It would be wise to select one that has a fair balance between the aspects. Duffle bag in NZ is some of the bests when it comes to doing this balancing act.
Besides these, there are a number of miscellaneous items that are required to camp and hike in the country Stuff like sleeping bags, heaters, stoves, lights, etc. are available at dedicated camping stores as well. If you are concerned regarding your clothing gear like jackets and shoes, you can source some of the best there are from these retailers and suppliers.
New Zealand is one of the best places on Earth when it comes to indulging in outdoor activities like camping and hiking, and the right set of gear is essential to make the trip one that would cherish for quite some time to come. The aforementioned list and pointers would help you narrow down the perfect bags, supplies, inflatable tent in NZ, etc. A quick search online would unravel the list of the best suppliers and stores there are, so that’s something you’d want to watch to watch out for as well.