The Interior Designer in Pakistan is current, but what is its meaning? It is a professional figure who deals with interior design and choosing and positioning furnishings and accessories in these spaces.
Who is the Interior Designer?
Very often, the question that we are asked by those approaching our architecture firm is: what does the job of an interior designer consist of? Who is he, what does he do, and what studies are necessary to undertake this profession?
The interior designer can make the most diverse indoor spaces comfortable, beautiful, functional, and usable, especially domestic ones. Today this professional, in addition to living spaces, also deals with furnishing and designing commercial spaces, offices, and hotels, creating sets for events, fairs, etc.
What does an interior designer do?
The interior designer optimizes spaces, harmonizes furnishing elements, and transforms living or working places.
These are the fundamental roles of an interior architect or interior designer.
More specifically, it is a professional figure who, using a similarity, we could call the “director” who organizes, supervises, and perfects all those aspects that concern the renewal, improvement, or creation of an environment for professional purposes or housing.
Thanks to technical and creative skills, an interior designer can guide you in choosing solutions that could improve a space in terms of practicality, brightness, or versatility.
The interior designer is the perfect professional in the circumstances like these, the most suitable figure able to advise and guide you on which materials to use and how to do it creatively, in the search for the technical tools helpful in improving the quality of life, still on how to position the light points or which color palette or style of furniture to use, to create the perfect environment in complete harmony with the existing elements and above all with those who live there.
Specialist in organizing spaces and interior decoration
An interior designer, to be such, must have followed courses of study helpful in learning, in technical terms, the architectural, perspective, and decorative space.
Although it is not a recognized qualification in Pakistan, there are courses and titles dedicated to those who want to practice this profession, such as, for example, “Interior Architecture,” but also simply “Architecture” or “Scenography,” which combines technical notions and perspective drawing also an excellent knowledge of art history and lighting engineering.
After all, a designer is not a salesman, a decorator. Still, a figure perfectly prepared in all these things, who knows what the latest trends are in terms of home furnishings and technology, able to “see” any new furnishing elements in a space even before the purchase and which, above all, knows how to blend the technical aspects with the aesthetic ones, the existing ones with those added.
Interior design and construction
An interior designer is a perfect guide when you need a professional to furnish new rooms or renovate the ones you already live in or when you want to transform idea and desires for your home into facts, taking care of the interior design. In fact, in addition to being able to convert the needs and requests of end users into practical facts, the interior designer can offer you the best solution for the environment in question.
For example, inspiration or the technical and practical perception of a given intervention could be missing in a project. That is why a professional in interior design and decoration “communicate” these missing elements through solutions and graphic “previews,” usually with a 3d rendering or illustrations. In this context, it is possible to add aesthetic and technological elements to the home project, which could improve the appearance and, above all, the potential of the environment in question.
In fact, through the advice of a cutting-edge professional, you will not only be able to have the opinion of a specialist but also have the best advice in terms of environmental sustainability applied to everyday circumstances that we often underestimate, such as lighting technology, heating, or renewables.
The five golden rules of the Interior Designer
What are the topics of the professional interior designer’s work project? Are there some principles that must be included in a good interior design?
First of all, it should be said that to create ad hoc projects, it is always a good idea to respond to the client’s needs in the best possible way and to seek functional solutions that make the spaces usable, beautiful, welcoming, and which, why not, even exceed the client’s expectations. We can summarize all this in the five golden rules of the perfect interior designer, explained in more detail below.
1. Understanding and interpreting the client’s needs in the best possible way, embracing and facilitating his habits and thus creating comfortable, welcoming spaces that best meet his living needs.
2. Making spaces usable with a careful division of functional areas creates livable spaces where every daily activity can be carried out.
3. Design the interiors respecting the architecture and context. That is, taking into account the architectural and stylistic characteristics of the building on which it is being worked and the context in which it is located. For example, in a seaside town or a holiday home, it would be inappropriate to use it in a furnishing style typical of mountain houses.
4. Creating multi-sensory environments; this means creating beautiful spaces, therefore captivating from a visual point of view, which at the same time are equipped with materials and fabrics that are pleasant to the touch. All this must be accompanied by a fragrance that accompanies and defines the home’s mood.
5. All elements, such as light, colors, materials, and fabrics, must dialogue with each other; yes, everything must be harmonized, and there must always be a sort of common thread between the various spaces, even if materially divided by walls. Each project element is related to the others, which is the key to successful Best Architects in Pakistan.