In the fall, your immune system could use a boost. Vitamin C is then often put forward as the powerhouse for a healthy autumn. It strengthens your body from the inside out, but it also has many benefits from the outside. In fact, topical vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants on the market.
WHAT CAN VITAMIN C DO FOR YOUR SKIN?
Vitamin C is a powerful ingredient that can have a ‘skin-enhancing’ effect in various areas. The list of benefits:
- As a strong antioxidant, it protects the skin against harmful influences. Think: air pollution and UV radiation, but also irritations or inflammatory reactions.
- It promotes natural skin recovery, so that spots and wounds(due to acne or impurities, for example) heal faster.
- It also helps reduce hyperpigmentation and brighten the skin. In other words, vitamin C is perfect for dull skin or an uneven complexion.
The 5 benefits of vitamin C serum according to dermatologists
Protection against free radicals
Vitamin C is one of the most powerful skincare antioxidants available. This means that it helps protect your skin against free radicals from the outside. Free radicals affect your collagen reserves, making your skin look duller, less firm and older. Antioxidants such as vitamin C counter these free radicals before they can cause damage to your skin.
” You should think about antioxidants to protect you before you step outside and are exposed to all the factors that contribute to skin aging such as UV light, pollution, stress and heat,” dermatologist explains to Well + Good. “So antioxidant like vitamin C is an essential part of an anti-aging skincare regimen.”
Reduction of hyperpigmentation
Vitamin C serum would also contribute to a more even skin, with fewer pigment spots. This vitamin works very well against pigmentation, for reducing redness, and for evening out your complexion, making your skin look more youthful.
If a product promises to give you ‘radiant skin’ or ‘glow skin’, it most likely contains vitamin C. Vitamin C counteracts oxidative stress, the process that normally leads to dull skin. Vitamin C serum would therefore be the secret behind a beautiful glow.
Vitamin C serum does not have a (sufficient) moisturizing effect on its own, but it does help other ingredients to do their job better. A vitamin C serum reduces Tran’s epidermal water loss (water that evaporates from the epidermis. In less medical terms: it helps to retain water deeper in the skin, so that your skin dries out less quickly. And that’s good news for healthy skin!
Reduction of lines and wrinkles
Skin aging sets in faster than you might think. Collagen production peaks at age 22 and declines every decade thereafter. Fortunately, vitamin C can help to stimulate collagen production to some extent and prevent fine lines and wrinkles. The fountain of eternal youth as close as it gets.
How do you use a vitamin C serum?
Vitamin C is essential in everyone’s routine. Your body doesn’t make this vitamin, so the only way to get its benefits is to apply it topically. One of the best ways to apply vitamin C to the skin is through a serum. Here’s how to use a Best vitamin C serum in your skincare routine.
Add a vitamin C serum to your skincare routine
Vitamin C is usually formulated in a fast-absorbing formula, suitable for all skin types, which can be used both morning and night. Timeless experts recommend to applying 1-2 drops of serum to cleansed and toned skin. Use your fingers to spread a thin layer of serum over your face and neck, then wait for it to be completely absorbed before applying your favorite facial oil and/or moisturizer.
Things to note in a Vitamin C Serum
When selecting a vitamin C serum for your skin type, there are a few things to keep in mind. Choose a serum with:
- L-ascorbic acid (the most potent and effective variant of vitamin C in skin care).
- A concentration of 10-20%. Less than 10% may not be strong enough and more than 20% may be too strong for most skin types.
- Additional ingredient Such as Ferulic acid enhance the antioxidant properties of vitamin C and keep the formula stabilized.
- Use vitamin c with hyaluronic acid serum that offers natural vitamins and essential anti-aging ingredients to let you have radiant and flawless skin.